It would be an under-statement to say that Rahul Dravid is an inspiration only for the lovers of cricket. The poise with which he has played cricket and the gestures he has shown outside the boundaries of the stadium not just make him an inspiring sports person but also a perfect role model for millions of people out there. In fact, it would be rude to say that he has the finest human qualities because actually he possesses God-like qualities. Be it the high or the lows in his career path, he didn’t let success get to this head and failures stab his heart. Blessed with immense talent and respect for his team members, here is why a cricket or even a non-cricket fan should look up to him as his/her role model:
- Passionate :Rahul Dravid’s wife “Meera” was quoted saying that “If I packed only two sets of informal clothes, he would rotate them through an entire tour if he had to and not think about it. He doesn’t care for gadgets, and barely registers brands – of cologne or cars. But if the weight of his bat was off by a gram, he would notice it in an instant and get the problem fixed.” This just goes on to show how personally he takes his profession and love for cricket. Get to know more about him by reading his biography which is available on online shopping sites for purchase.
- A caring son :While there may be many real life stores to support this, I want to make mention of one which touched my heart. Back in 2000, when Rahul Dravid used to play international cricket; you will find it hard to believe that he helped his mother serve food to the guests who arrived at his father’s home to see him! Actually judging by the fact that Dravid’s fans are aware of his modesty, they shouldn’t get surprised.
- Down to earth : As pointed out earlier, Dravid is one of the few fine sports people who did not let his success go to his head and yield out an egoistic person. In an era where successful and high profile people are displaying worthless attitude, he is the one to display qualities that can bring anyone to shame. Be it travelling in a public transport or smiling back at strangers first, making time to drop his kids to school almost every day or not replying back in same rude tone; you can always count on him anytime to make your day!
- Avid learner : While the rest of the cricketers used to chat about their daily lives in the middle of matches when they were not playing, Dravid had an unusual approach to it. Instead he used to sit quietly aside from his team and observed the other team players working so as to learn about their strengths, weaknesses and strategies. Although after the match ended, he conversed with his team mates like there’s no tomorrow! He seriously considers work as his way of worship! If you want to learn more about him, you can purchase books based on him. Buy them online at reduced prices along with the bonus of cash back using amazon coupons via CashKaro.com.
- Obliging and considerate at same time : There are countless stories floating on the web as to how some big shot profiles made public plus their fans unhappy due to their numerous last-minute tantrums. Keep reading further to experience a gush of fresh air. A quora user “Puneet Tripathi” wrote about a real incident of his colleague. He along with others saw Rahul Dravid flying in Economy class and needless to say, a swarm of people surrounded him to get his autograph and take pictures with him. Humble as he is, he did not refuse even once but instead asked others to move to an empty area so as to not cause obstruction to the movement of others.
- Early sleeper : When a person sleeps early and waked up early in order to have a healthy life, it display a big quality i.e. discipline. And, same is the case with him. Rahul Dravid has said that he sleeps by 9 and wakes up early to have extra time to spend with his kids as well as exercise with them. The disciplined life he leads is reflected in the way he performed and presented himself,
- Patience :I’m sure you will agree with me when I say that no sports person can beat his perseverance and patience level. He is not known as “Mr. Dependable” for just any reason. He supported his team and exercised utmost stability even in the most critical times. Even when backlashed by others, he never showed any signs of disgruntling or spoke ill words about anyone. If you are a Dravid fan, you must have read his motivational speech on patience. If not, please read!
He never fell in the trap of comparison and undermined himself. He never showed displeasure when he was asked to serve under different roles which could easily hurt the ego of other cricketers. He kept his calm and always remained a gentleman even in the ugliest situations. Be it his track on-field or off-field, there are thousands of his real-life stories which will forever remain in our heart. And, he will continue to remain an undying inspiration for millions of people!
Neha Choudhary is a content writer and content marketing specialist at Cashkaro. She is a writing fanatic and when she’s not writing, she is travelling and cooking. Being a book lover and a movie enthusiast, her mind is constantly revolving around new ideas. As a person, it’s a treat being around her owing to her jolly nature